Epson Announces Teacher Winners for Document Camera in Classroom Contest
Back in March, we highlighted our partner Epson’s contest to award deserving teachers for creative classroom use of one of Epson’s Document Cameras.
Well, Epson this week announced winners, and the four winning teachers will each receive an Epson® DC-20 document camera.
Here are the winners:
– Renee Kurtz, French teacher at Alder Avenue Middle School in Egg Harbor Township, N.J.;
– Paula Giran, fifth grade teacher at Hillcrest Intermediate School in North Huntingdon, Pa.;
– Rachel Perkins, math teacher at Barren County High School in Glasgow, Ky.; and
– LeeAnne Ewaldsen, fifth grade teacher at Appling County Elementary School in Baxley, Ga.
The winner’s submissions were judged using the following criteria:
- 50% creative use of document cameras in the classroom
- 25% practicality of implementing the idea using real life examples/application
- 25% impact of using document cameras on student learning
The four teachers’ winning submissions can be seen at Epson’s contest winner website.
If your school is looking for an Epson document camera or other audio-video solutions for the classroom, check out models at the CCS Presentation Systems website.